Digital signage is the system that enables you to inform the targeted customer or encourage them in a specific field. This specific field can be selling an item, invitation to an event, prioritizing a variety of services in an organization. It consists of hardware, software, connectivity and content. Hardware keeps getting better resolutions and thinner screens and software is becoming more advanced by each day. Successful software and solid hardware ensures digital signage’s effectiveness, efficiency and lucrativeness. Adding reliable connectivity and good content, digital signage turns out to be a necessary part of an establishment’s information system.
Digital signage became more popular in the recent years as it brings modernity and prestige in the competitive market. As technology keeps going forward, one cannot think of an establishment with old informative structures. With the younger generation starting to contribute more to the business world, using technology is a must to stay strong. Many different sectors (hospitality, healthcare, education, retail etc.) can benefit from digital signage because it has wide spread advantages.
Some of the advantages of digital signage can be listed as below,
- It can be remotely controlled from any device that is connected the network.
- Its content can be easily changed and updated any time.
- Its cost is lower than traditional methods because it can display more information at the same time on one (or more) screen. The cost of printed materials is diminished as they can be displayed on the screen instead.
- It attracts more attention than traditional methods as it is supported by a digital platform.
- It is proved to have a permanent effect on the customer decisions. According to Nielsen, 66 percent of customers have positive attitude towards the brands that use digital signage
- The owner can rent the screens for certain period of times for advertisement in order to gain extra revenue.
- As it hosts continuous data exchange, endless varieties can be displayed such as social media feeds, news, videos, photos, ads etc.
- It has high customizability so the same system can be used differently in various establishments.
- Interactive features can be added via software which enables customers and guests to get service, give feedback and more.